Well, the fact is obvious: I need a new camera! Please forgive the blurry photos. We bought our digital camera back in the days when the lowest priced one I could find was $300...somewhere around 2004. With our intense budgeting, I cannot just grab money and go buy one. I will have to save my monthly pocket money for awhile.
Anyway, I began trying to sprout my wheat berries on Monday evening. I put them in a jar, filled the jar with cool water and covered the top with a nylon footie secured by the jar ring. Then I shook them up and swirled them around and drained the water out a couple of times to clean them. Finally, I refilled the jar with water and let it set on my cool sunless countertop for the night. In the morning I swirled the water again, drained the jar, and refilled it. Here is what it looked like:
Tuesday evening I swirled and drained again, then added water and swirled and drained well...shaking it a little and patiently waiting for the water pouring out to become a slow drip. Now you are not keeping the grains in water aquarium style like above, but just wanting to keep them moist. I put the jar upside down in a bowl to continue draining, but tilted to still get air like this:
I also covered the glass part with a towel, leaving the end open so it could get air. I had heard that you don't want it exposed to light. I continued swirling and rinsing twice a day.
On Wednesday evening, I noticed small white sprouts had begun to emerge! From all the websites I have read about it, they say that you should make your bread when the sprouts are about 1/3 the length of the grain. I think they will be ready tonight so am looking forward to making Essene bread tonight! Wish me luck!